An 18-year-old boy was recently electrocuted while trying to charge his phone in his school hostel.
Godwin Ejeh, an 18-year-old senior student of Jesus College, Oturkpo, Benue state, had reportedly tried to charge his phone from a naked wire in his hostel, and was electrocuted in the process.
Ejeh was buried in his hometown Ekere Owukpa, in Ogbadibo LGA of Benue, yesterday, October 7, even though the sad incident only occurred the previous day, October 6.
Speaking to Idoma Voice, the school principal identified as Mr Ella Samuel, said:
PAY ATTENTION: Get all the latest gossips on NAIJ Gossip App
“I received a call from one of my staff yesterday while I was on an assignment that one of my students has been shocked by electric, that I should rush down to the clinic immediately, on reaching the clinic. I only came to meet his dead body. On getting back to my school, after some findings, I discovered that incident happened while he was trying to charge his phone according to another student by the name lucky who witness the incident. I sincerely sympathize with the family of deceased and I pray his soul rest in perfect peace. Amen.”
RIP to him.