- A man in India died after a cobra bit him
- The man was a snake rescue activist
- He had tried to kiss the venomous animal on its head
An Indian young man, who had rescued over 100 snaked throughout the course of his life, died after a venomous snake bit him, while he attempted to make a photo shoot with it.
PAY ATTENTION: Get all the latest gossips on NAIJ Gossip App
Somnath Mhatre had tried to kiss a cobra when the unfortunate incident happened.
Mhatre, who was 18 years old, had rescued the snake from a car, and moved it to safety. The cobra bit him in the chest, after he tried to peck it on its head.
The man’s death came after agonizing for five days. His organs started failing one by one from the poison. Activists are now asking the Forest Department to issue guidelines with regard to those people who perform with snakes, and post stunt pictures with them.