366

USD/NGN

How 5 siblings were burnt to death in house fire - Abuja Electricity Distribution company reveals (photo)

How 5 siblings were burnt to death in house fire - Abuja Electricity Distribution company reveals (photo)

On Saturday, April 1, it was reported that 5 siblings were burnt to death due to an explosion from a fuel container in Mpape area of Abuja.

NAIJ.com gathered that following the death of theses innocent children, the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC), have come out to clear the air by identifying how the children were consumed in the fire explosion.

How 5 siblings were burnt to death in house fire - Abuja Electricity Distribution company reveals (photo)

How 5 siblings were burnt to death in house fire - Abuja Electricity Distribution company reveals

READ ALSO: Beautiful lady dies in a fatal accident along Eku Road, Delta (photos)

AEDC, in a statement signed by its Head of Public Relations and Media, Mr Ahmed Shekarau, who sympathized with the family of the deceased. He said in an investigation carried out on Monday, April 3, 2017, revealed that the accident was caused by an explosion from a fuel container taken into the room where the fire occurred.

Shekarau also stated that, the mother of the 5 children had sent one of her children to buy petrol for use in their generator because at that time, the area had no power supply due to load shedding.

The report noted that upon return, the child took the fuel into the room where the five children were sleeping.

He said: “Because of the saturation of petrol fumes in that room, when the woman lit up a match stick in order to light up a mosquito coil in a bid to wade off mosquitoes, the flame ignited an explosion which engulfed the room.”

READ ALSO: Check out the obituary banner made by the family of this dead man, will he ever find peace? (photo)

Watch related video below:

Related news
Physically-challenged woman survives horrible accident, shares touching story of surprise marriage proposal (photo)

Physically-challenged woman survives horrible accident, shares touching story of surprise marriage proposal (photo)

Physically-challenged woman survives horrible accident, shares touching story of surprise marriage proposal (photo)
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel