- Video of girl begging her father to pay for her treatment goes viral
- The medics had told her she was not going to survive for long
- The father allegedly refused to pay for his daughter’s treatment
- Girl’s mom claims her ex-husband also ‘misbehaved’ with their daughter
- And now, the girl has reportedly lost her battle with cancer
A 13-year-old girl who begged her father to to pay for her cancer treatment has passed away.
Sai Sri from Andhra Pradesh reportedly died on 14th May after excruciating battle with cancer. She stayed with her mom in Vijayawada after the parents separated.
The mother couldn’t afford her daughter’s treatment, which is why the girl was begging her father, who stayed in Bengaluru, to come to her rescue.
“Daddy. You say that you don't have money. At least we have this house. Please sell this house and pay for my treatment daddy. Or else, they say that I won't survive for long. Please do something and save me," Sai Sri can be heard saying in the heartbreaking footage.
The video, posted on social media just before her demise, has sparked outrage as people scold the seemingly heartless father for failing to foot the medical bills for his daughter.
The State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) is reportedly looking into the matter and has filed a case against the negligent father.
The girl’s mother has also accused Sai’s dad for misbehaving with her. She reported the case to police but nothing has been done yet.
Everyone is hoping that justice will prevail for the diseased girl and her loving mom.
Watch video of Sai pleading with her father to pay for her cancer treatment:
Watch the video below with Seyi Shay :