As Prophet TB Joshua turns 54 today, NAIJ.com has decided to bring you 10 interesting things to know about one of the most controversial preachers in Nigeria.
Born on June 12 1963 as Temitope Balogun Joshua, the prophet has grown from the young man who didn't complete even one year of secondary school education, to the owner of one of the biggest churches in Nigeria.
His church, the Synagogue Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) boasts of over 15,000 attendees every sunday, including visitors from outside Nigeria.
Despite all his achievements, TB Joshua is a man whose 'marriage' with controversies seems to be a never-ending affair.
PAY ATTENTION: To know more about Prophet TB Joshua on NAIJ.com, click here
NAIJ.com has however decided to bring you 10 things to know about the preacher who is loved almost as much as he is hated.
1. T.B. Joshua was born on 12th June 1963, in the small village of Arigidi in Akoko, Ondo State, Nigeria, after reportedly spending 15 months in his mother's womb.
2. He reportedly attempted to join the Nigerian Army but couldn't because the train he was travelling in broke down, leaving him stranded en route to the military academy.
3. T.B. Joshua is a father of three children. He is married to Evelyn Joshua. His eldest daughter Serah Joshua is a graduate from the London School of Economics, while the second, Promise Joshua, is currently a student of the same school.
4. He was once named the 'Yoruba man of the decade', by IrohinOdua, the first pan-Yoruba news outlet.
5. His TV station, Emmanuel TV, has made his ministry more publicised, drawing more and more foreigners from all around the world to his weekly church services.
6. He is often trailed by controversies mainly due to the nature of sicknesses he has reportedly healed people of and afflictions he has delivered people from. He is also known for his predictions/prophecies.
7. In 2014, a guesthouse collapsed in his church compound, killing about 115 South Africans.
8. Did you know he is also a published author? T.B. Joshua wrote and published such books as The Mirror, The Step Between You And The Cure, Daily Time With God and What The Future Holds.
PAY ATTENTION: Get all the latest gossips on NAIJ Gossip App
9. He is a well-known philanthropist. He has been known to give out cash gifts and foodstuff including other material gifts, to the poor and downtrodden who visit his church. A Forbes blogger estimated that TB Joshua has spent about $20 million on charitable activities.
10. He is very popular on social media, as his YouTube channel has over 500,000 subscribers, his Facebook page has over 2.8million likes, while his Twitter has about 177,000 followers as well.
NAIJ.com wishes him a happy 54th birthday!
Meanwhile, see this video of a Nollywood actor who said he'll soon become a pastor: