NAIJ.com came across a sad post shared on social media of a young lady who reportedly died from electrocution in Port Harcourt, Rivers state, recently.
According to reports from a Facebook user identified as Victor Idaye Briggs, the young lady had been electrocuted after coming in contact with a high tension wire which had been lying on the road.
The deceased who was identified as a student of the Rivers state University met her untimely death just close to the shuttle park by the school's main gate.
According to an eyewitness, here's what happened: "the erosion she was trying to get across had a high tension wire in it as a result of a pole that fell yesterday (Monday 12th), the deceased had no idea there was a wire in the water."
PAY ATTENTION: Get all the latest gossips on NAIJ Gossip App
Commenting on the post, another Facebook user identified as Cletus Finebo, said:
"May her soul RIP. So sad, I witnessed the incident, it was the low tension not the high. The wire sparked and fell down when it was raining heavily on Monday, then on Tuesday yesterday some woods were used to block a space close to the electric pole but not too clear to communicate danger. Ignorantly she took the part close to the wire, with the rain and water everywhere she got electrocuted. Anyway the blame should be on the PHED for not removing power from the wire even when it was raining. They were very lucky not to come when that pretty girl was lying lifeless. So sad."
Gone too soon. So sad. RIP to her!
Meanwhile, watch this video to see what Nigerians think about taking their own life: